Pages

Friday, August 1, 2014

59 - Beach Days

As most mommas can attest to, it becomes easy to fall in a rut with your littles. Sometimes the effort it takes to muster all the things we'll need and pile the boys into the car in order to shake things up just sounds so exhausting. So I decided to write a list of things I hoped to do with my boys this summer, some were more challenging like taking them camping and some felt like goals I could reach such as regular beach days. We live about 15 minutes from the beaches of Lake Michigan. I grew up even closer and spent summers practically living there, jumping off the rocks, tanning (horrible, I know), and generally being a beach bum. So far we have a couple visits under our belt and another planned for this week.

Ansel was a little unsure of the sand and ate a couple unfortunate mouthfuls before he warmed up to it. Soon enough though he was zipping around, splashing in the water, trying to climb in the lifeguard boats, and helping build, otherwise known as demolishing, Abel's sand castles.



And not to toot my own horn but I was proud of myself for getting over my worries of taking a 1 and 3 year old to the beach alone. It was perfectly enjoyable and the boys just loved every second of it.

No comments: